Sneaky Bug

This morning I was getting dressed upstairs. I had just put Parker down for his morning nap. I hear clanging dishes in the kitchen, and then the freezer door slam shut. I start tip-toeing down the stairs and I hear the crinkling of a plastic bag. I know what she's doing - she has gotten a pancake out of the freezer. I sneak into the dining room, where she can't see me but I can see her. She is going through the bag of pancakes looking for the perfect one. The cabinet is open and she has a plate on the floor for her frozen pancake. She still doesn't know I'm watching her as she heads toward the microwave...



At this point she runs over to the kitchen table and starts sliding a chair over to the counter. I come out of the dining room and she stops. Ainsley smiles at me with those angelic eyes and says "Mommy, can I have a pancake?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attempted Baking Projects

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown