Sleepyhead

I remember as a child sleeping in the back seat of my parent's Jeep Cherokee. Long trips back and forth to Pennsylvania - before the speed limit was 65, and Rt. 4 in Calvert County was still 2 lanes. Bags (or the dog) piled in the seat next to me. Playing car games by myself because I couldn't read (motion sickness) and mom's injured back kept her from turning around in the seat constantly. I remember sleeping quite comfortably in the back seat of that Jeep. I don't know how. But now I realize that children can sleep anywhere. It doesn't matter how uncomfortable they appear - their little bodies just conform to the space and they sleep soundly. I present the following exhibits as proof:
Practicing her conformity at an early age.











Today's nap position.
I guess I should just be thankful that she sleeps at all, because a rested child is a happy child. Or something like that.

Editor's Note: After I posted this entry we made a trip up to the lake. Ainsley found a new sleeping position after claiming "I'm not tired!"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Attempted Baking Projects

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown