Unemployed and Loving It

Well, I'm unemployed for almost two weeks until I start my new job. But so far I'm really enjoying it! I had a fun happy hour to celebrate leaving UR. Then on my last day in the office, I packed up early, came home and loaded the car, picked up the kids and dog and drove to the lake. We spent 4 days at the lake with my parents, aunt, cousin and family. And even though the weather was cooler (70s) we enjoyed swimming, ATVing, and playing in the amazing new lawn, gazebo, and dock that my parents installed this summer. Ainsley drove the tractor with Papa, and Parker discovered that he LOVES riding the ATV with Daddy. Dixie of course enjoyed frolicking in the woods and swimming with her buddy Lila. Saturday night Eric put on a fireworks show after dinner, and we enjoyed several nights of s'mores. 

We head home to Richmond tomorrow and then I have several days of chores ahead of me. Lots to do before I start my new job, mainly unpacking the basement. I'm looking forward to having a few days where I can work at home by myself. I'm so glad we got this little mini-vacation to the cabin before the next round of chaos sets in!

Sitting on the new stones!

Helping Nana celebrate with birthday cake!

Ainsley, leading the choo-choo train.
Collecting firewood for s'mores
Watching fireworks,with cousin Kaitlyn
Beautiful day on the lake
Ainsley: "I think I'm getting the hang of this farmer thing!"
One of Parker's many rides.
We can't leave without an obligatory trip to Antol's for ice cream!

What a great weekend with family!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attempted Baking Projects

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Finishing up in California