Summer Wrap-Up

Yes, I realize summer is over and I've been very neglectful of my little blog. As usual, I had great intentions but life took over. Here's just a little summary of some other fun things we did (aside from our amazing trip to Scotland).  The kids got to spend those two weeks with Nana and Papa enjoying Vacation Bible School, swimming at the lake, hiking in the woods, and helping with the garden. Then we got to spend 5 more days at the lake later August - more swimming, s'mores making, fishing, and outdoor fun! And this time the dogs got to come with us. Blue thinks he found heaven! 



He loves catching them but doesn't want to get too close.

Not sure who is doing the fishing...

No clothes? No problem!









In July, Ainsley joined her cousins for two weeks at 'Camp Grandaddy' in North Carolina. They hiked, swam, camped, learned about butterflies, created a tree book, fished, made sailboats, climbed apple trees, star gazed, and did all sorts of other fun 'camp' activities with Skip and Reva. Parker joined them all for the last weekend while my DH and I spent two nights in Asheville. 

Making their camp tie-dye t-shirts!









We had a fun weekend in Asheville!



Right before school started, I decided I needed a little quality time with my girl (since I'd had two weeks with just Parker while she was at Camp Grandaddy). So we had a surprise overnight adventure to Williamsburg - went to Water Country USA, out to dinner, spent the night in a hotel, played games, and went shopping.  A fun little 24-hour mommy-daughter date!

Water Country USA

Dinner with my girl!

Popcorn and a movie at our hotel

Ice cream break while outlet shopping!

Now it's time for school (and the ensuing chaos) to begin again. Parker will join Ainsley and I at The Steward School and he couldn't be more excited. On to the next adventure!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attempted Baking Projects

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Finishing up in California