Big Changes, Part 2

A continuation of my previous post. After we returned from Pawley's Island we had many adventures still ahead.

Two Weeks Ago
The day we returned from Pawley's we had to start getting everything ready for the fence to be installed. This was followed by a series of frustrating events - moving irrigation lines, fixing irrigation lines that were broken when the fence was installed, meeting with electricians to install outlets in the basement, fishing speaker wires out from under the wall, and a variety of other house-related issues. But considering this all happened in the span of a week, I am confident that we are getting closer to having everything working and in its place. More importantly, the top two floors of the house are completely unpacked. I won't talk about the basement...

One Week Ago
After almost 8 years I decided to leave the University of Richmond. It was a difficult decision, but after dealing with many frustrations over the past year I just felt like the time was right to start something new. I think it will also be a good time for the school to re-evaluate and make some changes to the staff structure. I am nervous but also excited to start the next professional chapter of my life. I am very excited about the job opportunity that I have accepted with The Steward School, a private k-12 school in Richmond. I will be the assistant to the headmaster, which is a complete change from what I'm doing now, but similar to what I did at CAI when we lived in NoVA. I will be working a lot with the Board of Trustees, coordinating the headmaster's schedule with faculty and parent groups, attending committee meetings, and managing other aspects of the administrative offices. I'm very excited for a change, but also excited that I get a TON of additional holidays (spring break!) and most Fridays off in the summer so I can spend some more time with the kids. More than anything I'll be happy to just be doing one job, instead of the three positions I've been doing for the past 6 months.  I'm certainly going to miss a lot of things about the university, mostly my colleagues and faculty, but I know this is the right decision.  Wish me luck!

My last day at UR is August 1st, and then we'll head to the lake for a few relaxing days with my parents and cousin to celebrate my mom's birthday. A lot to catch up on over the past month, and I'm sure there will be much more to come in the next few weeks. But that's the way the Bowlins roll - we like to do lots of things all at the same time. :-)

My parting gift from UR - I just had my headshot done last month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Parties, parties, parties!

Finishing up in California