Wherever You Are

My DH doesn't understand why I constantly take pictures of the kids when they are sleeping in funny places. I just like to capture the moments when they are quiet and peaceful. And when I've had a day when they're driving me nuts, I go back and look at their angelic faces and remember the reasons why I love being a mom. 

One of my favorite stories to read to them is by Nancy Tillman called 'Wherever You Are'. Watching them sleep reminds me of this book. 



"I wanted you more
than you will ever know,
so I sent love to follow
wherever you go.
It's high as you wish it.
It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it... 
it stretches itself!
So climb any mountain...
climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!
Make a big splash! 
Go out on a limb!
My love will find you.
My love can swim!
It never gets lost, 
never fades, never ends...
if you're working or playing
or sitting with friends.
You can dance 'til you're dizzy...
paint 'til you're blue...
There's no place, not one,
that my love can't find you.
And if someday you're lonely,
or someday you're sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you've been bad...

just lift up your face,
feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, 
my love is right there. 
In the green of the grass...
in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...
at the top of a tree...
in the sound crickets make
at the end of the day...
'You are loved. You are loved. You are loved,'
they all say.
My love is so high,
and so wide
and so deep, 
it's always right there,
even when you're asleep.
So hold your head high
and don't be afraid
to march to the front
 of your own parade.
 If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone. 
You are my angel,
my darling,
my star...
and my love will find you,
wherever you are."
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attempted Baking Projects

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown