Five Stages of Parental Separation

We're heading to Dallas this weekend for the JMU v SMU game...without our kids. Yes, it's going to be amazing. My wonderful mother-in-law is staying with the kids in Richmond while we enjoy time with friends and pretend we are still in our mid-twenties. But before the fun begins, we must proceed through the five stages of parental separation.

Stage One - Excitement! 
We are leaving the house without our children! 

Stage Two - Panic
Wait, did we remember to tell Grandma to bring in the mail? What if she can't remember where to pick up the kids from school? What else did we forget to tell her??


Stage Three - Resignation
It'll be fine - they won't starve or die. Grandma is very resourceful. I guess I'll 
just read take this time to catch up on my reading so I stop thinking about them. 

Stage Four - Anticipation
This trip is going to be awesome! We're going to stay up late and sleep in and eat good food and see friends and enjoy a football game without entertaining a three-year-old! Let's go!

Stage Five - Enjoyment
Finally taking advantage of my husband traveling all the time by enjoying an upgrade with this free drink and warm cookie in my first class seat while he works...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing up in California

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Parties, parties, parties!