More Ainsley-isms

For those of you who don't follow our many Ainsley-isms on Facebook, here are some of her recent thoughts:

On Intelligence:
Me: "Ainsley, how'd you get to be such a smarty pants?"
Ainsley: "I practice a lot."

On Marriage:
"You and Daddy have to kiss each other every day because you're married. If you don't kiss each other then you aren't married anymore."
Uh-oh...

On Being a Big Sister:
"I love being a big sister. Except I don't like it when Parker pulls my hair. Or when he bites me. Or when he takes my toys. Or when he yells really loud. And I don't like his penis. Girls don't have a penis."

On Patience:
Ainsley (after interrupting me): "Mommy, it's just so hard to be patient! I'm really trying, but I have to tell you things that are more important than what you're talking about."

On Winning:
Ainsley (showing off her soccer trophy to me:) "Look Mama! It says 'Congratulations! You got this trophy for winning and playing really hard. You ran so fast and are a good soccer player. Thanks for playing.' That's what it says here on the trophy."
Me: "Are you sure that's what it says?" (it's the size of an oreo).
Ainsley: "Yes! It says it all here on the trophy!"

And every night for the past week:
Ainsley: "I want to sleep with my trophy because it's so special. It's my first ever trophy for being such a good soccer player. Parker doesn't have a trophy. He can't play soccer."
Always a competitor...

On Football:
"Mommy, remember when we were at JMU and we saw Duke Dog running on the field with the Redskins?!"  I think she has her teams confused...

On Work:
Ainsley: "MOMMY! Guess what?! Today I was the LINE LEADER at school!! It's the BEST JOB EVER because I get to be in front of EVERYBODY! Do you get to be a line leader at your work?"
Me: "No, I don't get to be a line leader. We don't usually walk in lines."
Ainsley: "Well, I'M going to be a line leader when I grow up and make everyone walk in line behind me."
Watch out, Wall Street!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond