COVID Weekend Fun - Days 13 and 14

Momming Hard on the weekends is definitely not quite as hard, especially when we have these beautiful spring days to enjoy outside! The Monument Avenue 10k race, the biggest annual road race in Richmond, was cancelled this year. Luckily they encouraged people to still run the race on their own, so I set up a 5k course through our neighborhood (run it twice for the 10k). The kids, along with a few of their friends, ran the 5k route. 


Brody, Ainsley and Addison

I ran my fastest 10k time ever! All this running at home has paid off!


What a gorgeous day!! All our trees are blooming and reminding us that even in these dark times, there is beauty all around us. 


And since we've been spending so much time outside lately, I decided my pots needed some flowers. Nothing makes me happier than buying spring flowers and enjoying them for the seasons to come! 

We stocked up on chalk this weekend, and the kids have been busy 'decorating' the driveway with it. They've been painting rocks to hide along the trails. I am thankful every day that we live in a neighborhood with so many friends. We enjoy sitting on the deck and waving and chatting with them as they walk on the nature paths behind the house, or on the sidewalks down the street. Everyone is outside - I've seen so many neighbors that I had never seen before. Everyone is walking, riding bikes, taking their dogs out... I am reminded every day to be thankful that this isolation is happening in the spring and not in January, when it would have been dark and cold. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond