Day 15: A New Week

And so it begins... it feels like a movie trailer. The start of another week. It's been 24 days since the kids were last in school (the day before Spring Break). It's been 17 days since we found out that we wouldn't be returning to school for a little while. It's been 7 days since the Governor announced that schools would be closed for the rest of the school year. And today, on Monday, March 30, he announced that we would be on stay-at-home orders until JUNE 10.  Yes, JUNE 10. Let that sink in a moment. We now have 71 more days of this. SEVENTY-ONE MORE DAYS.  

So here we go. Starting week two of homeschool. Lord, give me strength. We seem to be on a daily rotation of which kid is going to have a meltdown. Today was Parker's day. Mondays are always hard for him - getting back on track after the weekend. Today he was irritated by a writing assignment that he didn't want to do. Mid-morning I gave him a snack. A crunchy granola bar. You know, the kind that always makes a big mess. I look over from the kitchen and see him patiently using his hands to gather and scoop all the crumbs off the table and into his hand. Then I see him turn to the side and proceed to DUMP all the crumbs onto the floor. I'm sure you can imagine my reaction to this, to which he innocently responds "What?? Isn't that why we have dogs?? To clean up the floor!!"  My son is 8 years old, y'all. 

Well, you can imagine how the rest of my day went. Especially with the Governor's lovely announcement at 2pm (I'm really starting to dread these weekly press conferences)...  But I don't have the energy to dig out of my depression to write any more. So here, enjoy a picture of Panda, doing what he does every time I'm on a video call. Every. Time. 




I'm glad he can bring a smile during these trying times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond