Momming Easier: Day 10

I won't say today was easy but it was easier. I think we've come to terms with our new 'normal' and are embracing it as best we can. Every day I get better at figuring out which assignments are going to be the most challenging for Parker, and we make sure to do them first thing in the morning (thanks to yesterday's late-afternoon math meltdown). Today we managed to get everyone's work done, and without any tears.  [The day isn't over yet, but at this point I feel like I've made it far enough.] 

Why did we do so well today? Well, I'll be honest... I spent a lot of time helping, supervising, redirecting, and running technology support for my kids. And I spent...not so much time actually working. Oops. I mean, I took all my phone calls and did all the things I needed to get done today. But a few of those projects I've been chipping away at? They didn't get any attention today. I feel like this has to be the new normal. I'm going to have some super productive days at work - especially on days where the kids are doing more review work or reading. And then on days when they have a lot of new material, I'm just going to have to tackle the most urgent work tasks and then make it up later. 

Today's Mom Score: 10
Today's Employee Score: 5 

I can't be the only person in this boat, right?! So many of my friends are working full time while trying to do home school. I only work part time, so I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining.  I think it will get easier, day by day, and week by week. It's day 10 and I already feel better than I did on day 5.  I feel so good about today that I might even tackle one of my other new goals tonight: learning how to make the perfect Cosmo! Wish me luck! 

"If you are going to nap, make sure you have your favorite stuffed animal to snuggle."

Our lunchtime lesson: making muffins. We worked on math and measuring, and we also worked on reading comprehension (reading and following instructions, which is a difficult thing for people with Ayres blood). 


 Watching some videos on ancient Greece for his social studies lesson.

Time to nap in a different part of the house, this time with his favorite nerf. 
"Make sure you bring a toy with you to every napping location." 

 Yep, seems like the right wine to drink this week! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond