Momming Hard on the Weekend: Days 6 and 7

The good news? The weekend is much easier. 
The bad news? The weekend is over. 

We were again blessed with (mostly) beautiful weather this weekend, which allowed the kids to be outside a lot. Parker popped a tire on his bike after continuing to skid his brakes (because he clearly wasn't listening the 17 times I told him not to do that). Luckily the bike stores are still open so we could get it replaced. Surviving this crisis without a bike would've been bad. 

The kids were excited because they didn't have 'school' on the weekend. They could play all day without any schedule. We finished and started a new puzzle... and about 6 hours later it was all on the floor, thanks to a particularly inquisitive cat.



It's a good thing he's cute...



We survived a full week. Tomorrow the kids begin a new school schedule. Their teachers have posted lessons, assignments, and videos. Ainsley will have a daily class Zoom call. The PE teachers have posted exercises for the kids to do. The art teachers have provided some great project ideas. I got my second computer monitor set up, which means my productivity will skyrocket. I am sad the weekend is over, but am trying to be optimistic about the week to come. 

I posted earlier in the week about setting goals. I've had some time to think about it, and I've decided to start with a few (hopefully realistic) goals for this time at home:

- Read 30 minutes a day. My kids have to read 30 minutes and I should too. (Reading Facebook or the newspaper doesn't count...)
- Post in my blog several times a week. 
- Two days a week I won't have anything alcoholic to drink. I know...this seems a little overly optimistic, but I think I can do it (as I finish my glass of wine while typing). 

I may add more goals the longer this quarantine goes on, but I feel like these are good ones to start with. Right??




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond