Momming Hard: We've reached Day 30

We made it through 30 days of this mess. Wow. 30 days. When this all started we thought it would be two weeks. Then a month. And now three months. 

We started off the day by taking the kids to their annual check ups. Our pediatrician is scheduling well visits first thing in the mornings. It was actually a great time to go - the place was empty!  
Parker weighs 62 lbs (68%) and is 52" tall (also 68%). At least he's proportional! 
Ainsley weighs 77 lbs (40%) and is 58" tall (65%). Our doc said she will likely grow 3 - 4" more this year. Yikes - guess I'm going to be doing some shopping! 

Work is going to super busy this week, and it seems like the kids are going to be super busy too. We're holding on as best we can, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to take a shot of vodka at 10am...

Tried a new crockpot recipe tonight, served over egg noodles:
https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/150546/slow-cooker-smothered-chicken-with-bacon?categoryid=1071

It was good but next time I'll add more garlic salt and bacon (you can never have too much bacon).  

I ran for the first time in two weeks (sidelined due to shin splints in my right leg). A short four miles, but it felt great to get back to it. I'm hoping to run the (virtual) Carytown 10k this weekend so I really needed to get some more miles in.  Back in February I had signed up for a bunch of races in April and May. Now most of them are either cancelled or virtual races. Not quite the same, but I'd still like to complete them. Now I'm just hoping my shins will let me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Pandemic Pause at the Pond