Momming on Mother's Day Weekend: Days 55-57

Even though we are in quarantine, I still had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday Ainsley surprised us by making breakfast all be herself - cinnamon rolls, bacon and scrambled eggs (her first time cooking eggs). She set a nice table with candles and we had a lovely Saturday family breakfast. 


My DH hung a new TV in the garage so the kids can watch movies out there in the afternoons while we are still working. They can have a social-distancing movie theater!


When I cleaned out the garage last week I found our bounce house. It was a nice day so we got it out for the kids - and they still fit! I thought for sure they had outgrown it. But nope - they spent all morning playing in it. Now it's back in the garage, but I did set a reminder to get it out more often. 

On Sunday I was treated to a delicious brunch! We normally go to the Boathouse on Mother's Day, but this year my hubby was able to pick up brunch to bring home. It was wonderful - and SO MUCH FOOD so I can enjoy it for breakfast all week long! 


I was able to enjoy a glass (or several) of my favorite wine on the patio, sitting in the sun and relaxing. 

We met my parents in a parking lot so we could visit for a little while and wish Nana a Happy Mothers Day too. We are all looking forward to seeing them at the lake in a few weeks.  School ends on May 22 and they aren't allowing any camps to operate yet... so we are going to move to the lake for a few weeks so Nana and Papa can help with the kids while we work! It'll be a nice change of scenery for all of us, and will be so wonderful to  quarantine together for a while. 

After a delightful weekend we are now back at work...and my best buddy is keeping me company, as always. I don't know what these dogs will do once we actually leave the house every day! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Attempted Baking Projects

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown