Racing and Momming: Day 47

The last time I ran a half marathon was 2013 and I finished in 2:36. I had signed up to run the Uncorked Half this weekend with my favorite long distance running buddy (Kat), and as a way to finish off my 40th year strong.  We had a great weekend planned for it - the race finished with unlimited wine and brunch at a winery. It really doesn't get much better than that. Unfortunately the race was cancelled  - stupid virus. So I mapped out a route to run in my neighborhood. I've been dealing with these damn shin splints in my right leg for weeks now. I was a little worried that I wouldn't even be able to finish the race. It was cloudy and 50s - great weather for running - at least until it rained the last two miles. But I did finish and I beat my sub-2 goal, something I didn't think I would be able to do. 

I was so surprised when my whole family showed up to cheer me across the (driveway) finish line! My parents came out of their locked-down neighborhood, wearing face masks and staying 6 feet away. They even brought celebration donuts! 

Thanks to my neighborhood friends who let me put water bottles on their driveways. Running has saved my sanity and I’m so thankful for all those friends and family who have supported me and cheered me on from near and far! Now... back to work! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momming Hard Day 9... until the end of time

Attempted Baking Projects

Ainsley's 11th Birthday in Lockdown